Re: Runnaway diesel HMMWV

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2006 - 11:55:39 PDT

At 11:40 AM -0700 4/10/06, Darrell Ramsell wrote:
>This topic got me thinking. What is the best way to cut the fuel on a HMMWV should I ever have a runaway engine? My first thought would be to pull the fuel line off the fuel filter container.

If it's an oil fueled runaway, you need to cut the air supply. On Deuces the best method that's been stressed is to slap a board over the air-intake, of course that requires an air intake that's not covered by the mushroom. I wonder if a heavy blanket of some sort is the way to get good coverage. Heavy silk cloth perhaps?

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -