Re: CUCV dies - Survival tip #1

From: Chance Wolf (bigbadwolf@telus.net)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2006 - 15:58:00 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Howell" <doctormv@frontiernet.net>
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 2:45 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] CUCV dies - Survival tip #1

> It was meant as an emergency field repair to get you home, which it did
> in Bruce's case. What I can't understand is why it worked. All it does
> is increase the RPM's a little until the engine warms up. You could do
> the same with your foot on the gas.

With my own, if that poppet-ball valve which is forced open by the Cold
Advance Solenoid gums up and jams closed on you, you basically won't be
going anywhere. I gather the Cold Advance Solenoid isn't the only thing
which causes the poppet-ball and spring to 'open', as it *seems* to need to
do some sort of vent or fuel return operation too. Others might have more
of an insight here. I'm no engineer.