Re: duece engine conversion

From: Michael Howell (doctormv@frontiernet.net)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2006 - 21:50:46 PDT

Quoting SETOYOTA@aol.com:

> Has anyone ever put a 502 big block or the like into a M35 or M135 series
> truck. Would like to use one of those crate engines. I have been
> thinking of
> doing this to a M211 and installing a newer auto trany. I think this
> would be
> a fairly good tow vehicle with a decent road speed.
>
> Any thoughts on this.
>
> Chuck Herbert

The M211 has a single speed transfer case with high and low range in
the auto transmission. To be practical you would need to change the
transfer case to. If you change the motor and keep the transmission you
will have to get a shift kit because in stock form the transmission
shift points are controlled by engine RPM. That is one reason the
truck doesn't take to being overloaded. It will up shift when the
engine hits a certain RPM even if you haven't started moving yet. Of
course you can put any motor in any vehicle if you throw enough time
and money at it. ;-)

Mike
Tishomingo, Mississippi