Re: M1008 Dead Battery(s)?

From: Brian Placzankis (plaz@mac.com)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2006 - 14:55:04 PDT

Thanks to all that replied. It turned out to be really simple. The
"healthier" battery just up and totally died. It made no difference
how clean I got the terminals, it would not take any charge
whatsoever. There is absolutely no connectivity. I could clip one
battery charger lead to a rock and the other to a piece of spare
dryer lint and there would be no difference with what happened on the
battery in terms of the gauge on the charger. I borrowed a temporary
battery from my Camaro and the truck started up just fine and the
dash voltmeter reads where it is supposed to be. BTW, in regards to
this, when the truck is completely off, should the voltmeter go down
to nothing or can it read some voltage? Mine is somewhere in the
middle. Is this normal? I can't for the life of me remember. If in
the case it is supposed to be all the way down to "zero" ie. nothing,
then something must be sapping power and thus may have led to the
demise of one of my 6TLs. Any comments?

Also, again I ask, will there be anybody selling some 6TL batteries
at Aberdeen this year?

I will run with my Camaro's Walmart Everstart for now and if there
are no 6TL deals to be had at Aberdeen, I'll call "1-800-Crank-it"
and order a 6TL from Interstate.

thanks,

plaz

1985 M1008 CUCV