30/50 machine gun cradles

From: timothy.smith1@att.net
Date: Mon Apr 24 2006 - 15:30:42 PDT

Success!

Thanks to those of you who helped to properly identify the machine gun cradles I was seeking (it REALLY helps to know the proper name of what you're asking for) and get me pointed in the direction I needed to go to find some.

Utimately, a great reference for these was Military Vehicles magazine, issue 94, pages 26-29, titled, Machine Gun Mounts for Dodge Trucks. Luckily, I keep my back issues so when a list member mentioned it, I was able to look it up.

Today I located and purchased one D40733 and one D58626 cradle assembly. D40733 is the long pintle shank version (for mobile mounts...i.e. skate rail and ring mount carriages) and D58626 is the shorter, standard pintle shank version for fixed mounts. I also got an adapter so that the D40733 could be used in the fixed mount. So I'm good to go.

Thanks again, to everyone who helped out.

TJ