Re: Fw: Gas Prices?

From: Glenn Shaw (milspectruck@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2006 - 12:28:41 PDT

I also agree with Fred on this. You will never see the Brazilian
ethanol here in the states without the tariff. I will instantly kill
our ability to produce our own when even migrant farm workers here get
8-10 bucks an hour, while the Brazilian farm worker makes 4-5 bucks a
day. This is why we have to have the tariff until Brazil pays
employment and production costs that the developed nations pay. The
other option is for ADM or Pac Ethanol to fold and we become dependent
on a foreign power for this comodity, and I dont see that happening.

We will be glad in the near future that we have an ethanol industry that
is healthy and growing here in the states.

Glenn