RE: Gas Prices?

From: Horrocks, Aaron (ACHb@pge.com)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2006 - 14:36:18 PDT

When the Government makes far more money on the sale of a unit of petrol
than the refinery companies do, why would they do ANYTHING to change
that? There's no incentive to other than re-election. Other countries,
particularly European ones are getting reamed on taxes. Fuel is up to
$6.50, even $8.00 or more per gallon. It's in all their best interest to
keep things going the way that it is.

Politicians all get ample salaries, all of which are derived from taxes.
And their offices and business expenses, and so on; are all paid via our
taxes. Always the latest computers and fine leather chairs.

Once upon a time this great country was founded on the sort of men that
were so fed up with a particular tax they dumped tea in the Boston
harbor! (now we all drink coffee.) Think those guys would ever opt to a
luxurious salary via tax money? Obscene! Yet for some reason it's the
norm today. And since when is being a politician a full-time job? Is
there really THAT much to do?

Anyhow the solution to this and many problems is this: Eliminate
politician's salaries. They should continue to have real jobs. Once
their wallets are no longer tied to taxes, stuff like this may actually
get their attention. With the decrease in wasted budget money, it would
help to decrease taxes. Smaller government, less taxation. It's worked
before. The opposite hasn't.

Still pumping 91 octane,

Aaron Horrocks
Airsoft Reenactor's Group, Military History Preservation Society, Mopar
Alley, MVCC, NRA, etc
1952 M38A1 + 1952 M100 Trailer!
1970 Plymouth
1986 G.P. Medium