Re: Gas Prices? Water injection

From: Jack Lee (milveh@dslextreme.com)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2006 - 18:23:20 PDT

Water injectors don't really provide any power from the water, but what they
do is allow you to advance your distributor spark without pinging and that
gives you slightly more power and slightly better mileage. It works best
when you use regular and just advance the spark like you would for high
octane. Little savings from regular - little more power from advanced
timing. One the whole water injection probably isn't worth all the trouble.
You go through water pretty fast and that is a hassle to keep it tanked
up...with distilled water. On the plus side, the water vapor system is
super simple, low cost and can be adapted to any carburetor system easily.

Jack