Whistler Turbo

From: Sarge (micdunn@ev1.net)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2006 - 10:55:07 PDT

Sarge here with a couple of stupid (MV related) questions.
I fondly remember the days of getting up in my tent at 03:30 to the sound of
100 whistler turbos firing up.
Well, the truth is I fondly remember the sound of the whistlers, not the
O-dark-30 part.
So here is my plan. I recently purchased an M715 with a bad motor. Yesterday
I bought a complete Dodge 3500 with a good Cummins 5.9L diesel in it.
The more astute list members can see where this is going.
Yes, sacrilege, the Cummins is going into the 715. Here is stupid question
number 1:
1) Does the M35A2 loud whistler turbo sound come from the turbo alone, or
does the whistle come from another part or combination of parts?
I know what turbo lag is. I'll repeat that, I know what turbo lag is.
Stupid question number 2:
2) Will the larger whistler turbo ever spool up on the little Cummins? I
don't care if the lag is bad, I just want to know if it will eventually
spool up.
Stupid question number 3:
3) Has anyone on this list ever tried this formula? Cummins 5.9 plus M35A2
whistler turbo equals happy nutcase?
Pro's and cons please!
Sorry Albert, I blocked you weeks ago.
Any and all answers appreciated!