Fw: Whistler Turbo

From: Kenny Reed (kreed@pintoeng.com)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2006 - 11:47:05 PDT

it is my understanding that the whistler turbo is smaller than the regular
"clean air" turbo. yet it has to move the same amount of air in and out.
that in turn makes the turbo fins or blades (however you want to look at it)
spin fast. I believe that the whistler fins actually break the sound
barrier. but I can't prove that 100%. that should clear up question number
one. I am not too sure about the number two question. I do know that a
friend of mine has a 3500 ext. cab dually 4x4 with the famous 5.9. he has
done a lot of work to it including twin turbos and a bulletproof tranny (
hard to imagine in a dodge I know) but anyway he was messing around with it
at the track a couple of times and easily broke into the mid 12's in the
quarter mile. I have seen this with my own eyes and it is amazing to say
the least. with the twin turbo set up he gets and awful lot of the infamous
turbo whistle. possibly more in fact than the whistler turbo on a
multifuel. if you are just looking for the whistle part of the turbo ( I
can't fault you for that it is addicting) I hope that helps at least a
little bit.

Kenny Reed
1968 M35A2 W/W, Whistler