Waste Vegtable Oil as Fuel

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2006 - 13:00:35 PDT

I am planning on reducing my fuel cost on my
M-1009 this Summer ala Bjorn in Va. by installing
a "Greasecar WVO kit" in my M-1009. I have a
choice of either a 15 or 40 gallon tank behind
the rear seat. The technology now exists to make
it a very easy conversion. If I had a Deuce it
would be a 100 gallon tank with the mounting
frame picked up used from a heavy truck junkyard.
Go to this website to find out more info. Need
more capacity? Hook up a water Buffalo only you
add wvo instead of water.

http://www.greasecar.com

  Now load up the Deuce (after wvo conversion)
make sure all wvo tanks are full and head out.

  Now to allay the disbelievers, you fire up the
vehicle on Diesel and when at 180 engine temp
switch to wvowhen you want to shut down you
switch to purge for one minute to purge the wvo
from the injection system the shut down. Simple
Oh yeah! WVO as fuel will make you want to pull
into restaurants often as the exhaust will now
smell like french fries. But will it pass
emissions you ask? The original Greasecar trip to
California wound up being tested by California
and was monitored and entered into Ripley's
Believe it or not.

 I have not been able to find the website about
an 18 wheeler in Minnesota that installed a wvo
system and is using Virgin vegetable oil (new not
fried in) delivered in bulk to his shop for $1.10
a gallon. Been running the tractor and 4 one ton
vans on it with no problems.

 Food for thought.

James Shanks
1985 M-1009