Re: Waste Vegtable Oil as Fuel

From: Stephen Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2006 - 16:35:12 PDT

That's a new one for me! Thanks, I hadn't heard about it before now.
 From the homepage alone I became skeptical. Anybody selling a "magic
elixir" is probably looking to part fools and their money. It is hard
to imagine how a simple additive can work around the fat and glycerol
issues associated with untreated vegetable oil. I read their whole
website and my "it's too good to be true" feeling got worse and worse,
which is usually a bad thing. So off to Google I went and found that
I'm not the only one to be skeptical:

http://www.newenergyreport.org/019346.html

http://greasecar.com/forum_topicview.cfm?frmtopicID=3349

http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/groupee/forums?
a=search&reqWords=dse&use_forum_scope=on&forum_scope=159605551

If it looks like a scam, sounds like a scam, and (apparently once you
get the product) smells like scam.... well... :-)

I'm getting setup to make my own biodiesel. Some of what the Diesel
Secret website says about it (dangerous chemicals) is correct, but some
of it not necessarily true (cost of conversion setup). I've also heard
wonderful things about Greasecar, which Glenn already mentioned. A
more technically challenging solution, admittedly, but one that has
certain benefits over making biodiesel (also many drawbacks).

You can find free instructions on how to make your own Biodiesel
processor at:

http://www.b100supply.com/index.cfm?aff=98247

Personally, I am going this route and use it for my Unimog. Then,
after I get a diesel car, I am going to convert it to a Greasecar like
Glenn.

Steve