RE: Oil, Air, and Fuel Filters

From: Fred H. Schlesinger (fred@schlesingers.net)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2006 - 15:12:25 PDT

Teach a man to fish...

http://www.nf6x.net/greentruck/m44xref/m44xref.html

Thanks to Mark for the great xref

-----Original Message-----
From: Muro, Edward [mailto:EMuro@PDCN.ORG]
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2006 5:35 PM
To: Military Vehicles Mailing List
Subject: [MV] Oil, Air, and Fuel Filters

I am the autoparts storekeeper for the Nassau County Police Department in
NY. we are a suburban Police department just east of NYC and have about 300
marked patrol cars (mostly Ford Crown Vics and Chevy-Impalas) plus assorted
unmarked units.

Well, wouldn't you know.... we have two Kaiser Duce and a halfs in our fleet
one is a 68 and the other is a 71. One has a Hurcules Engine and the other

had a White Engine. They are the 6CYL multi-fuel engines.

Ok, here's my question.... I am looking for a suplier of air and fuel
filters but I have no idea on how to go about interchanging the military
part numbers to civilian part numbers, I was hoping Fram or Hastings would
make something. How do you guys in this military vehicle hobby go about
getting parts?

I think I found a suitable Oil Filter (hastings LF-219), but I need air and
fuel filters too.

Thanks....

Ed Muro
NCPD

=Mil-Veh is a member-supported mailing list=
To unsubscribe, send e-mail to <mil-veh-off@mil-veh.org>
To reach a human, contact <ackyle@gmail.com>
Visit the searchable archives at http://www.mil-veh.org/archives/