Re: M-1009 Help!

From: Jeff Hain-Matson (flmv@flmv.net)
Date: Thu May 04 2006 - 05:39:42 PDT

Joe Young is probably right, I have had this fun experience 3 times in
different Blazers, and every time the under dash starter relay needed to be
replaced to solve the problem. In fact 1st time was as you described only I
got cables pulled (helps to keep gloves in the truck and a multi tool on my
waist). Next 2 times I just pulled the relay under the dash and was good to
go, other than needing a tow or a ride to NAPA. I now install a new relay as
part of the "clean up" of all the blazers I sell, just to avoid this
problem. My guess is that the relay is rated for the amp draw of a gas motor
starter and sooner or later can't handle the draw of the Diesel starter so
the contacts fuse together....

--
JEFF HAIN-MATSON
FRONT LINE MILITARY VEHICLES      WEB SITE:  http://www.flmv.net/