Starter Saga IV & Counting!!

From: Ed (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon May 08 2006 - 16:42:59 PDT

Well today found a friend and me going through the ground wires and straps
for the engine, they all checked good. We tried the starter by putting it
on a work bench and supplying power as required, nothing! We tried it again
with a different power source and again nothing! The starter was sent back
to the shop that did the bench check a few days ago. If I find out that
they didn't repair it correctly as it's starting to sound bring the bail
money!!!!

We went ahead and checked each and every individual wire that even remotely
has anything to do with starting the truck, again they all checked good. We
then added some additional grounding straps in several places from the
engine to the frame, you can never have too many grounds! I also had the
batteries checked out and they were both found to be good. They were
charged up and reinstalled, ready to go tomorrow.

The starter will be here in the morning and as soon as I install and check
it out I'll post the results. Please wish me luck! Again, THANK YOU to all
who have answered my pleas for help! I have certainly learned a lot over
the past few days about the starting system of an M-1009! This is truly a
great list to belong to. If I may be of any assistance to anyone at any
time please do not hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Ed

"The consolidation of the States into one vast empire, sure to be
aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain
precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it."