need your thoughts part 2

From: danjahn@qlink.ca
Date: Mon May 08 2006 - 20:33:11 PDT

Hi Listers

         Thankyou to all of you that have shared your thoughts on this tire
situation I have with Gene Pantano.

         I realize a couple of listers have already had enough of this but I
would like your attention for just a bit longer.

         A couple of people want to know how I came to be dealing with Gene.
Well it's this way. I have actually bought things off Gene before with no
problems. In fact I bought 6 1100x20 tires off him last summer when he put
them on this list. I paid $125 each plus shipping ($250), he didn't mention
anything about free shipping at that time. Everything went fine with that
transaction.

  When I heard that a friend of mine was buying some stuff off Gene, I asked
my friend if I can put some tires in with his stuff and help with shipping
costs. He said OK so I asked Gene if he could get me another 6 1100x20
tires and he said yes. The price this time was $150 each. I sent him the
money in advance and things went Ok untill I picked up the tires in
Washington state and saw they were 900x20's. There was no option to refuse
them at that point as the were in a storage yard where my friends hired
carrier had dropped them off. I had to pay about another $100 in taxes and
duties to get them into Canada plus an additional $250 for shipping.

  Total= $900 ( 6x$150 ) + $250 (shipping) + $100 ( taxes&duties )= $1250 US
funds ( $1500 Canadian ) divided by 6 = $208.33 US each/tire

 Alot of money for the wrong size tires!

I tried to settle with Gene one of three ways...

 A) Refund what I paid for the tires and shipping and I would send him back
the tires, shipping collect.

  OR

 B) Refund my shipping costs ( $250 ) and $25 per tire ( $150 ) for a total
of $400 and I would try to recoupe the rest of my money when I eventually
found a buyer.

  OR

 C) I would put our situation on this "list" and he would go with the most
popular resolution put forward by you people.

Gene chose to shot them all down! His solution was for me to get the tires
to his friend in California ( 1500 miles away ). From there, his friend
would deliver the tires to Gene. And then...and only then, would Gene send
me a refund for the COST of the tires ( not including the taxes, duties and
shipping costs).

 As this has been dragging on since January and I want to get the tires on
the truck. I started looking for some more 1100x20 tires. Thanks to some
fellow listers I found 6 new tires at $100 each plus $150 shipping. Seems no
one ships for nothing! If anyone knows a shipping company that doesn't
charge anything... please let this list know.

 You have seen Gene's replies. He takes no responsibility for his and his
suppliers mistake ( he picked up the tires from his supplier ). He seems to
think I live a stones throw from his friend in California. I thought (
hoped ) after seeing this on the list and the listers comments, that Gene ,
would reconsider the three propsals that I have mentioned in this email.

 It's not too late Gene, show the listers you can make things right.

Thanks everyone

 Dan .

---