RE: General Motors to End Hummer H1 Production

From: Horrocks, Aaron (ACHb@pge.com)
Date: Sat May 13 2006 - 09:18:22 PDT

Yep, Volvo has made MILITARY VEHICLES! (what a way to get this thread on topic)
I have a bit of personal experience with this 1962(?) Volvo Troop Transport. Even being made that long ago; it shifts oh so smooth (like a dream), and it rides like an air cushioned bus. Yet, it's still a serious off-road beast. It's a little small for transporting troops, but it makes up for it being lighter, smaller, more nimble and able to go more places than most larger bulkier US Troop Transports.

http://www.airsoftreenactorsgroup.com/Hornet/A.volvo2.jpg
http://www.airsoftreenactorsgroup.com/Hornet/A.sat.volvo.group.jpg
http://www.airsoftreenactorsgroup.com/Hornet/A.aaron.driving.jpg
http://www.airsoftreenactorsgroup.com/Hornet/A.volvo.jpg

http://www.cqbchallenge.com/assets/images/db_images/db_02_06-OP_Steel_Rain-6586-10242.jpg
http://www.cqbchallenge.com/assets/images/db_images/db_02_06-OP_Steel_Rain-6627-10242.jpg

As you can see in the photos, we use this thing when were wear our cold-war era and modern Russian Airborne impressions... I know it's wrong, but it's not like you can find a UAZ in california, okay?

Aaron Horrocks
Airsoft Reenactor's Group, Military History Preservation Society, Mopar Alley, MVCC, etc...
1952 M38A1 + 1952 M100 Trailer!
1970 Plymouth
1986 G.P. Medium