RE: 6.2 Injector pump problem ?

From: Wayne Harris (papercu@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun May 14 2006 - 14:53:47 PDT

<Gummed-up and frozen from sitting>

While this doesn't help, and with the knowledge that anything is possible. Most/some diesels can sit for years and fire right up without problems.
Have you tried a little starting fluid? Just make sure the glow plugs are not working and just use the barest of a whiff. Not recommended I know but....Wayne

> To: mil-veh@mil-veh.org
> From: walt1903@att.net
> Subject: [MV] 6.2 Injector pump problem ?
> Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 04:27:16 +0000
>
> Greetings:
> Happy Mothers Day !!!!
> Before I pull the 60k 6.2 out of my parts truck (M1009) for a spare, I
> want to make sure it runs. It was used by a fire dept. up until
> a few years ago, then sat until auctioned off a month ago. The fire
> dept informed me that it ran great until they retired it, (rusted out).
>
> THE PROBLEM...
> No fuel to the injectors, it has fuel to the filter and out of the filter,
> but will not squirt out of the injector feeds. Fuel will pump out of
> the small hose on top of the injector pump lid and both solenoids in the
> injector pump appear to be working. Is this the same issue I had with my
> M35 and H2 Heater Gummed-up and frozen from sitting ???
>
> Many thanks for any suggestions !!!!!
>
> Bob

Join the next generation of Hotmail and you could win the adventure of a lifetime
http://www.imagine-msn.com/minisites/sweepstakes/mail/register.aspx