Starter!!

From: Ed (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue May 16 2006 - 06:47:04 PDT

To all that helped and sent information to me about the M-1009 starter and
it's problems, THANKS!!!! Once again this list comes through with flying
colors. There were several very good solutions offered by list members.
The one that I chose along with the Mechanics that were working on my truck
after my back went out again, was leaving the normal starter relay under the
dash. Then remove the wire that takes the 24VDC signal to the solenoid.
Take that wire and route it to a VERY large starter that is meant for 18
wheelers mounted under the hood. Route that wire through the relay and a
inline fuse to the solenoid, start your truck!! I know that it sounds
simple but it took some time to repair all the wires that burnt after the
first runaway.

The second problem was caused by the Mechanic at my friends garage routing
the main power wire that is always 24VDC hot across the exhaust manifold!!!!
It welded itself to that manifold and caused the 2nd problem. Man, did I
ever chew his butt!!!!

Thanks again for all the help and emails!!

Best Regards,

Ed

"The consolidation of the States into one vast empire, sure to be
aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain
precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it."