RE: Leaded gas for small gensets

From: Horrocks, Aaron (ACHb@pge.com)
Date: Tue May 16 2006 - 07:25:34 PDT

I use a lead additive in my Plymouth... You can get a concentrated
bottle of the stuff at a specialty auto store. After a long search I was
only able to find ONE type for sale AT ALL in my area. You're probably
not going to find it in the likes of Kragen, but a smaller chain
dedicated to muscle cars, street racers, beefy trucks, etc. The bottle
says FOR OFF-ROAD USE ONLY in big red print on it. While that's true for
modern stuff, some vintage vehicles need it. I had a long conversation
with the guy behind the counter about the legalities...

Aaron Horrocks
Airsoft Reenactor's Group, Military History Preservation Society, Mopar
Alley, MVCC, ETC...
1952 M38A1 + 1952 M100 Trailer!
1970 Plymouth
1986 G.P. Medium