Re: Cheap hydrogen fuel for diesel or gas - "Brown's gas" from water

From: Jack Lee (milveh@dslextreme.com)
Date: Tue May 16 2006 - 18:48:13 PDT

Hi Guys, don't recall if this has been brought up before, but thought I
would run it by you and see what you think, it seems interesting...and if it
works, it would be great!

I see a number of companies selling these 1 quart hydrogen gas producing
tanks that mount under the hood of your car or MV. You fill them with
distilled water, flip an electrical switch and electrolysis cracks the
water, releasing hydrogen gas into your air intake system which is
immediately consumed in the engine and thus no need for pressurized storage.

The theory is, the hydrogen mixes with the regular fuel, be it diesel or
gasoline and air and becomes combusted in the normal way, but it produces
more power and thus you let up a bit off the pedal and still get the same
speed. The savings is touted at 20%-40%. I find it hard to believe that a
quart of water is going to emit enough hydrogen gas volume long enough to
make any measurable difference in a tank of gas, but thats the claim. Also
engines run cleaner and smoother. (not the first time I heard that one
either)

The costs per unit vary greatly from $50 to $700 and they all basically
produce about the same as far as I can tell. The process seems like basic
high school science, it's so simple. But, if its all that, I have wonder
why we are not using them in cars everywhere?

Has anyone had any experience with such a thing? Is there any cost savings
here or is this another too good to be true gimmick?

Here is one on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hydrogen-Generator-Save-Fuel-Gas_W0QQitemZ9726454626QQcategoryZ294QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem