Re: Cheap hydrogen fuel for diesel or gas - "Brown's gas" from water -acetone

From: Marty Galyean (marty@heavyreckoning.com)
Date: Fri May 19 2006 - 15:32:08 PDT

Royce C Hayes wrote:

>In Texas, a propane tank must be sealed off from the passenger
>compartment. That could get pretty costly.

Same in AZ (where I lived at the time). And I noted in my post that the
tank cannot be in the passenger compartment, and also noted that I had
planned to seal it off. The spare tire well of a 240z hatchback is a
concavity in the rear hatchback area that could be sealed off with a
flat sheet of 16g steel and a welder and about 5 minutes of time. Then
cut out the well from the bottom to get more vertical clearance
underneath for a taller tank. I had my tape measure out and everything
so pretty much had the problem surrounded. Sorry I wasn't more clear
the first time around.

Marty