Flex Plate

From: Ed (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat May 20 2006 - 20:29:50 PDT

Thanks to all who emailed and straightened me out about "military" flex
plates for my M-1009! They do not exist. The reason that I thought that
they did was the time BEFORE last that I had one replaced it must have been
a cheap crap after market one and it didn't last very long at all. I then
purchased one form Gene that was NOS still in the military wrapping and box
and it would still be good if not for a @#%#@$@ that did NOT shim my brand
spanking new starter! That of course resulted in my flex plate losing
several teeth. Of course you can all guess where the flex plate stopped the
last time I drove my truck, come on now, OF COURSE RIGHT ON THE AREA MISSING
THE TEETH, WHERE ELSE?!?!? Now that I have this most wonderful news I can
plan on spending a ton of money getting it replaced. Why did this crap
NEVER happen when my back was still strong, I could see my hand in front of
my face and I was making six figures and didn't really care how much the
bill was? Now that I am a Grandpa I can see what my Grandpa was talking
about when he said that everything goes to crap when you become old,
disabled and low on money!!!!

Not a problem, we've gotten through worse things than this and we'll just
drive on and conquer this one too! Again thanks to all our friends on this
list that have emailed and offered the correct way to repair everything that
has gone wrong over the past few weeks. You are all GREAT people and I
appreciate your help and suggestions more than you can know! God Bless you
all!

Best Regards,

Ed

"The consolidation of the States into one vast empire, sure to be
aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain
precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it."