Re: M715 questions

From: DBaumanjr@aol.com
Date: Tue May 23 2006 - 03:31:53 PDT

IF my M715 had been engine-less when I bought it, I probably would have
dumped a Chevy small block & an overdrive automatic in it. Then changed the axle
ratios from 5.87:1 to 4.56:1. This is a fairly easy swap & parts availability is
great. Since mine had a good engine, I'll keep it until it pukes, then swap
in a Vigilante 327. Which was the V-8 that the civi versions of this truck came
with. In my opinion, this is the way the truck should've been equipped. Along
with power steering......
 Chevy small & big blocks are easy to put in this truck. GM 6.2 diesels are
slightly more work. The Cummins 4BT engine is supposed to be fairly easy,
though I have no experience with this. The Cummins 6BT is supposed to be very heavy
for this frame & the turbo/ heater clearance is an issue.
 I hope this cleared a few things up.

Darryl Bauman Jr.
[OlolllllllllolO]
1967 M715 w/winch