Re: Flying military vehicles

From: Glen Closson (glen_closson@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat May 27 2006 - 20:12:46 PDT

I remember when this happened. There was considerable discussion about the design of the HMS Sheffield (one of the ships hit by the Exocets). As I recall, the Sheffield had a relativity thin aluminum hull and had their Phalanx Close-In Weapons System turned off.

Interestingly enough, in an unrelated conflict, the USS Stark was hit by a Exocet. The Stark also had its Phalanx turned off.

Glen