Life on the edge, half track style

From: GotaM35 (gotam35@joetrapp.com)
Date: Mon May 29 2006 - 19:22:28 PDT

Well I finally drove my half track today. Well, almost. I actually drove
my F250 service truck and my brother drove the half track attached to the
back of it with a nylon choker.

I managed to put the other track on so it was time to move it from our
"property" to my home a mile away. I figured it was no need to trailer it
when I could pull it. The trip went well with only one small "incident".
The park brakes work great on the half track and I actually used my truck
brakes very little. However after stopping on the dirt road our property is
located on I started to pull out and noticed a truck coming around the curve
pretty quick. I stopped in my truck, but my brother had released the park
brake, placed both hands on the steering wheel of the half track and then
noticed the truck had stopped. He grabbed the park brake handle and applied
the brake but by that time the roller had cleared my rear bumper and
contacted my tail gate. No real damage for an old wore out truck. I
watched the half track move towards me so no real strain on the rectum
either.

My ford struggled to move the old beast, but old faithful chugged on. Got
up to just under 30 mph. My brother grinned like a jack ass eating briars
the whole time. Lots of grit in his teeth from the dirt road. Only bugs on
the paved road. I gave him a pair of safety glasses half way down the dirt
road. He said he was worried about one of the tracks braking and beating
him to death. I reminded him the track on the right was in good shape. He
reminded me he was on the left side. Good point.

Now I have one more thing in the yard my wife thinks doesn't belong there.
It's a good thing I caught her ordering that dress on line last night.
Timing is everything.

Joe Trapp