Re: Alternator Replacement

From: M35A2USA@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 01 2006 - 17:01:17 PDT

M880s have just the standard chrysler set up...a cheap alternator 12 V and a
cheap external regulator.. there was a separate 24 volt 60 amp Mil
Std internally regulated radio system installed with radio stuff in the bed...

I have owned upwards of 30 of the the M880s and never a problem like yours..
You have a wiring problem ,,,.possibly ..I would guess in one of the
connector harnesses..... The full amperage goes thru the ammeter and it is prone to

overheating and catching fire unlike the shunt style used by other mfrs...
RAM