Re: Speaking of getting ripped off on Ebay - does anyone live in Toronto - and go by University of Toronto once in a while??

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2006 - 09:05:44 PDT

Just an update since so manny people seem to have an interest in this:

I sent an email to the network administrator regarding the suspect I
found within University of Toronto's network setup documents. He called
me this morning to discuss what was going on. I told him what I knew
and forwarded my email chain to him. He is about two blocks from the
mail location where the MO was sent and received and he is going to do
some investigating today and hopefully turn everything over to campus
security. He was *very* interested.

Meanwhile, the suspect I found sent me an email last night giving me
info that I hadn't asked for or revealed. I'd say that there is a 80+%
chance that this guy is the guy. He knows way too much. He also
doesn't want to talk to the Campus Security folks about this situation.
  Hmmmmm...... And he wants me to tell everyone I have talked to that
he is the wrong person. Plus he wants me to stop harrassing him -
since I did send him two emails asking for my money back. Geez...

If I wasn't so damn honest, I could be a really good scammer. (;->)

Dave