Re: trip pictures

From: Michael Howell (doctormv@frontiernet.net)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2006 - 15:29:25 PDT

doctormv@frontiernet.net>
> Sent: Monday, June 12, 2006 11:57 AM
> Subject: [MV] trip pictures
>

>> http://1plant4u.smugmug.com/Military
>>
>> I just posted the pictures I took on my recent trip. The bombs are
>> at the Air Force
>> Armament Museum in FL and the MV's are at Battleship Park with the
>> USS AL. You can still
>> see the damage from the hurricane last year.
>>
>> Mike
>> Tishomingo, Mississippi
>>
>> I sent this Friday but it didn't reflect back to me so I guess it
>> didn't go through. It seems like half the time I post to the list,
>> it goes dead for about 6 hours.

I don't know if the two on the end moved because they are amphibious
and floated or because they are less protected than the tanks by the
USS Alabama. But remember, the USS AL moved enough to break the
concrete ramp going to it and left it listing a few degrees. It looked
to me that they had got it settled back down but I don't know if it is
perfectly level yet. I was in a hurry and only stayed for a few
minutes.

http://1plant4u.smugmug.com/gallery/786724

Mike
Tishomingo, Mississippi