Re: antifreeze

From: Everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2006 - 15:21:23 PDT

I think what Dave wrote about the fumes from boilng anti-freeze is where
what I heard originated - I had also noticed there is no warning label about
flammable on container, that is what prompted my question - as to the water,
detergent, kersone mixture that my buddies and I used, it was very hard on
hoses and several times hoses would rupture and spray mixture over everthing
under hood - most damaging was when it wet distributor and shorted out spark
plugs - worst cars for this were 37/38/39 (maybe others) with V8 engine that
had two distributor caps - maybe we were ahead of our times for a few times
only one car would get wet and not fire which meant you were trying to drive
on only 4 cylinders - all on same side of V8