Re: MV movie question..... Bomber crashed in the desert? Name?

From: International Movie Services (ims@telus.net)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2006 - 10:35:29 PDT

This was the dramatized story of the "Lady Be Good", a B24 that due to a
navigational error overflew the North African coast on return from a
mission, and ran out of fuel over the desert. In the dark, the crew,
thinking they were over the Med bailed out with their rubber boat, leaving
all their desert survival gear aboard. The aircraft landed itself, basically
intact, and was not discovered until the 1960's by an oil exploration crew.
Following the back bearing, they were able to find the remains of the crew
whom, with the exception of one whose parachute had failed, survived the
landing and attempted to walk out. Unaware that their aircraft, with most of
their water and survival geat was just south of their position, the last man
was found alone having walked over 30 miles north. He died within another
days walk from the main east/west highway.
Fascinating history. Lest We Forget.
Ian