Another sad tale of stupidity

From: GotaM35 (gotam35@joetrapp.com)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2006 - 14:58:43 PDT

I was rearranging the lawn ornaments (half track and scout car) this
weekend. I figured my Jeep wrangler would move the half track just fine.
Hooked up the front of the jeep to the back of the HT and tried to pull it
up the hill. It wouldn't move. Tried the old "jerk" method. Still no
movement. I was using one of my nylon lifting chokers. It will often give
and therefore yank things that a chain will not. I was determined to move
the HT. I therefore concluded if the jeep wouldn't pull it up the hill, the
deuce would. Moved the deuce into position, hooked up the choker and moved
back. The deuce was wanting to hop, so I decided to just let the clutch out
and go. Deuce moved, HT did not. I now have a two piece choker. I was
confused. The choker was rated to lift several tons vertically. The HT has
a locked motor. I walked up and checked the transmission. It was in 1st
gear.

Still kicking myself in the butt,
Joe Trapp