Cummins 335 engine for sale. Dropin replacement for 5 tons.

From: J (w7ls@blarg.net)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2006 - 20:20:33 PDT

Takes some shoe horning, but quite doable. Add some getup and go from
the stock 250 hp engine. Same block, but bigger injector holes, higher
pressure pump, piston coolers, bigger oil cooler, and a turbo.
"Yeah-baby", to quote Austin Powers. The air crossover pipe sticks up
too far to clear the hood brace, so either cut the brace or make or
obtain a flatter, wider crossover, which I'm told is available at truck
junkyards. Engine was rebuilt 1500 hours ago, according to the previous
owner. It was used as a stationary engine at a water treatment plant.
Comes with a muffler (sucker's huge) and a big air cleaner. Does not
come with flywheel, clutch, or starter, all of which are the same as the
250 Hp engine already in the 5 tons. $2200 and I can load it onto your
truck or trailer. Located at zip 98019 near Seattle. Jim