Re: MV movie question... "Play Dirty"

From: The Alamo (thealamo@igb.cnr.it)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2006 - 06:10:54 PDT

Jun 20 2006

Glenn,
The one of The Dirty Dozen was the tractor used to haul the 8.8 cm. A.A.
cannon.
The OT810 was manufactured postwar by the same Manufacturing plant (the
Skoda, the car manufacturer now part of the Volkswagen Group) which made
them for the Germans during WWII and was used post-war by the Czech Army:
the main difference between the WWII Sd.Kfz. and the OT810 is in the
engine, it is a diesel one while the original was a gasoline one. Also the
OT810 does have a completely enclosed armored roof while the German Sd.Kfz.
did have an open roof.
The OT810 is very sought after by Collectors/reenactors because it is the
only way of having a very close replica of a German WWII halftrack at a
reasonable price. In England there are many of them, modified by cutting
the roof. I would love to have one... You may see them at War & Peace.
If you have not been there you have to: really is a shocking

experience. Usually more then 3000 mil-veh are there in 5 days and
collectors do come a couple of days before the official opening...
Regards
Raimondo
1943 GPW Jeep