Re: Thanks to all that answered my movie question...

From: Glen Closson (glen_closson@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2006 - 15:59:39 PDT

It's for sale on VHS or DVD
http://www.learmedia.ca/product_info.php/products_id/1420
(This place has all sorts of hard-to-find movies)

Play Dirty - 1968 - Michael Caine, Nigel Davenport, Nigel Green, Harry Andrews $25.99US
DVD or VHS

The prime objective for the Allies in World War II was to stop Rommel's faster-than-light sweep across North Africa. Colonel masters of the British Army is the head of a group of mercenaries charged with stopping the Desert Fox by depriving his tanks of gasoline.

After many unsuccessful attempts, the unit of ex-convicts is given one last chance to make good. Their target: a German oil dump on the North African coast. Determined to reach and destroy the fuel oasis are Captain Douglas, Masters' second-in command, and Cyril leech, the acknowledged leader of the criminal Dirty Dozen. The animosity they feel toward each other explodes into accusation and antagonism when they both learn that their objective has been a booby-trapped decoy.

As Field-Marshal Montgomery's advancing Eighth Army cuts off their escape route, Douglas and Leech, the remaining survivors of a double-cross ambush, have no other recourse than to play dirty...

Directed by
André De Toth

Writing credits
Melvyn Bragg
Lotte Colin

Cast (in credits order)verified as complete
Michael Caine .... Capt. Douglas
Nigel Davenport .... Capt. Cyril Leech
Nigel Green .... Col. Masters
Harry Andrews .... Brig. Blore
Patrick Jordan .... Maj. Alan Watkins
Daniel Pilon .... Capt. Allwood (Blore's adjutant at Special Forces HQ)
Martin Burland .... Dead Officer
George McKeenan .... Corporal at Quayside
Bridget Espeet .... Ann
Bernard Archard .... Col. Homerton
Aly Ben Ayed .... Sadok
Enrique Ávila .... Kalarides (as Enrique Avila)
Mohsen Ben Abdallah .... Hassan
Mohamed Kouka .... Assine
Takis Emmanuel .... Kostos Manov
Scott Miller .... Boudesh
Michael Stevens .... Capt. Johnson
Anthony Stamboulieh .... Barman in Arab Bar
Jose Halufi .... Arab
Vivian Pickles .... German Nurse
Stanley Caine .... German Officer
Jeremy Child .... 2nd Lieutenant
Dennis Brennan .... Corporal
rest of cast listed alphabetically:
Rafael Albaicín .... Chief Arab at Oasis

Runtime: USA:117 min
Country: UK
Language: English / Arabic / German
Color: Color (DeLuxe)
Sound Mix: Mono (Westrex Recording System)
Certification: Finland:K-16 / Norway:16 / Sweden:15 / UK:AA / USA:M (original rating) / USA:PG

Glen See ya in Dayton!