Military Vehicles, July 1996,: Re: U.S. DOT and Mil Vehicles

Re: U.S. DOT and Mil Vehicles

Michael Meister (mike@agen.tamu.edu)
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 11:05:59 -0500 (CDT)

An acquaintance of mine here in Texas who registered an M3 halftrack as a
motorcycle on the basis that it only had two wheels. So he's the proud
owner of a 17000-lb. motorcycle! Also, the president of my MVPA chapter was
instrumental in passing legislation in this state that allows you to use
the hood number of the MV, rather than buying "antique plates" to
register it. I don't know if similar legislation is in effect in other
states, but it saves money, and gets unsightly license plates off your MV.

Mike Meister