Military Vehicles, August 1996,: Re: Interesting vintage military electronics for sale.......

Re: Interesting vintage military electronics for sale.......

Colin Brookes (Colin@h-bplan.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 3 Aug 1996 09:15:20 +0100

In message <68421.gerry@login.dknet.dk>, Gerry Davison
<gerry@login.dknet.dk> writes
>In message Fri, 2 Aug 1996 06:55:43 -0400 (EDT),
> Michael Crestohl <mc@shore.net> writes:
>
>> The infamous #19 set - No 19 Mk-II tank radios made in the USA for
>> the Russians in WW-II.
>
>My first ham station....... brings back memories....
>
>Gerry

I spent the first three years of my service career, repairing and
installing them. Much of the time decommissioning the 'B Set',
component of the 19. By order of the 'War Office', it was too easy to
log onto inter-vehicle commands when used.

Colin Brookes
Invicta Military Vehicle Preservation Society (IMPS)