Military Vehicles, August 1996,: RE:Newsgroup

RE:Newsgroup

Bill Kish (kish@browncow.com)
Tue, 20 Aug 1996 10:20:20 -0400

Gerry Davison writes:
> Hi everyone.
>
> In about 4 weeks, six months will have passed since I attempted to start
> the military vehicle news group. As many of you know, that vote failed, and
> resulted in me starting this mailing list, which Andrew at skylee gladly
> put on the skylee server several weeks ago. Now that the quarantine is
> almost up, it is time to ask ourselves if it is relevant to attempt to start
> a newsgroup again, or if we should stay with the mailing list......
> Comments please.
>
> regards
> Gerry Davison - Denmark

IMO, we should stick with the listserv for now. A newsgroup would be
worthwhile if there was a significant ammount of traffic, but right
now things are fairly quiet.

All the points raised by Richard Marsden are very valid as well.

-BK

PS: Is anyone interested in discussing WWII jeep restoration details?
(GPW in particular)