Military Vehicles, August 1996,: Re: Newsgroup

Re: Newsgroup

David P. Dusenbury (dp@Interpath.com)
Tue, 20 Aug 1996 00:24:00 -0400

> > > In about 4 weeks, six months will have passed since I attempted to start
> > the military vehicle news group. As many of you know, that vote failed, and
> > resulted in me starting this mailing list, which Andrew at skylee gladly
> > put on the skylee server several weeks ago.
> > almost up, it is time to ask ourselves if it is re
> > a newsgroup again, or if we should stay with the mailing list......

I've found mail servers to be much more friendly. This is due in part to
the restricted access, which requires subscription in order to post and
read messages. Someone will have to seek us out, and decide to
_join_ our "family". Newsgroups are open to all, even those who may not
share our interests, but choose to post non-relevant material.
Newsgroups are more prone to excessive SPAM mail. I see enough of this
on mail servers, and do not wish to see the mil-veh list ruined by this.

MY VOTE: Keep this as a mailing list.

DP...