Military Vehicles, August 1996,: RE:Newsgroup

RE:Newsgroup

Hank LaBarbara (dukw@starnetinc.com)
Wed, 21 Aug 1996 14:45:21 -0400

At 01:11 PM 8/20/96 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi everyone.
>
> In about 4 weeks, six months will have passed since I attempted to start
>the military vehicle news group. As many of you know, that vote failed, and
>resulted in me starting this mailing list, which Andrew at skylee gladly
>put on the skylee server several weeks ago. Now that the quarantine is
>almost up, it is time to ask ourselves if it is relevant to attempt to start
>a newsgroup again, or if we should stay with the mailing list......
>Comments please.
>
>regards
>Gerry Davison - Denmark

it, but I am sure that there at those who have military vehicles that don't
know where to find others with the same interests. This is where a news
group really helps. Plus as the message base grows you may need a way to
search for messages that pertain to your specific interest. Deja news
(http://www.dejanews.com/) is perfect for this, and it provides access to
the newsgroups through the world wide web. Also as more and more people do
find out about this mailing we will reach a point where so much email comes
in it will appear as clutter. A news group provides a way to reduce this
clutter. Yes we will have the usual SPAM that all of the other newsgroups
get, but if it helps us find that one special part or vehicle it has served
it's purpose.

Hank LaBarbara
Skokie, IL
dukw@starnetinc.com