Military Vehicles, August 1996,: RE: Harley WLA info wanted

RE: Harley WLA info wanted

Gerry Davison (gerry@login.dknet.dk)
Wed, 28 Aug 1996 22:56:44 +0100 (MET)

In message Wed, 28 Aug 96 21:19:56 PDT,
PietJan Baarda <pjbaarda@pi.net> writes:

> Also does
> anybody know how many HD WLA went to the USSR during the war? Some books
> refer to HD's exported to Russia on a lend-lease agreement, but no
> details can be found. A source of more details and maybe pictures will
> be much appreciated. Peter B.

In Army Motors Nr.67 (MVPA Journal) there's an article by Jamie Neal of
California with a photo of a WLA in Moscow and quite a bit of an interesting
article. Try contacting Jamie at 29 Crosswinds Way, Greer, South California
29631 U.S.A. I think you'll find a kindred spirit in the matter of WLA and
Russia....

Regards
Gerry Davison