Military Vehicles, August 1996,: M38A1

M38A1

H.J.STEGEMAN@PROFS.scisrij.simis.com
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 07:12:45 +0100

To: GBIOASO0--X400GW OAS

From: H. Stegeman, SCIS-CDM/211 Tel (+31.70.340) 4513 Fax 4939
Shell Common Information Services BV
Patentlaan 9, 2288 EE Rijswijk Kamer: 0F22
Subject: M38A1

Hi,

I am reconditioning a M38A1 and I have to replace both fenders.

After some telephone calls I can buy original M38A1 fenders or
cheaper CJ5 fenders.
I already heard that the CJ5 fenders have holes for turn indicators.

Question: has the right hand CJ5 fender a 'hole' for the underwater
intake pipe like the M38A1 has ?
Any other differences ??

The M38A1 has a waterproof electrical system. For wire connection
half egg shaped are used which are bajonet connected with each-others.
Any one who knows a address where I can get them ?
(some of them are fully rusted)

Thanks to those who have taken the effort to reply.

M.vr.gr / regards
Henk Stegeman