Military Vehicles, September 1996,: RE: Dodge m37 info

RE: Dodge m37 info

Gerry Davison (gerry@login.dknet.dk)
Thu, 5 Sep 1996 11:19:08 +0100 (MET)

In message Wed, 04 Sep 1996 23:51:24 +0200,
Mads L\fgaard <passat1@centrum.dk> writes:

> I am the owner of a 1952 dodge m37, it have been used by the danish
> airforce until 1981.
> Is there anybody who have information about the number of dodge m37
> delivered to the danish army, and the total amount produced?

The M37 cargo with winch is actually a Dodge T245. They were produced
between 1950 and 1954 and again as T245A in 1957-1968. Total number built
was in excess of 110,000. The number of vehicles delivered to the Danish
army is unknown. I have here a complete set of typegodkendelser for all
vehicles and trailers which have done service in Denmark. The T245 is not
among them, but the T236 (Canadian version of the WC52) is. This surprises
me a bit, so perhaps you can tell me how you know that your vehicle is an
M37? Other than that I do have a photo and some technical details of the M37
and could send them over to you if you let me have your snail mail address.

Regards
Gerry Davison
President Foreningen for Militaere Koeretoejers Bevarelse
Skive - Denmark