Military Vehicles, September 1996,: Re: Headlight problem with M37

Re: Headlight problem with M37

Steve (landcru@wavenet.com)
Sun, 22 Sep 1996 13:56:37 -0700

Mark R. wrote:

> I'm having a problem with my headlights. When ever I turn on the service
> drive the headlights click on then off, on then off...etc. but when in
> service stoplight there is no problem. Does the same on the BO side. I've
> replaced the light switch with a used one (came from a junked M37 and unable
> to test).
> Could it just be the light switches or maybe the circuit breaker? The
> lighting system wiring has just been replaced.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Mark

Sounds like a problem with your circuit breaker. I is tripping
and then resetting itself. I think this is common when the
CB becomes older. Try putting a current meter in place of the
CB and check the total load of the lamps when you turn them
on. If it is more than 15 amps (I think that is the rating for
the CB) than there is something shorted in the circuit. If it
is under 15 and the CB still trips, replace it!

--