Military Vehicles, November 1996,: Re: M38 Production Figures

Re: M38 Production Figures

Michael Meister (mike@agen.tamu.edu)
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 11:27:57 -0600 (CST)

I believe Jeff is getting the '38 and '38A1 mixed up. The '38's
production was something like 1949 to 1952, although the M38's I've seen
all had 1950 date of delivery tags (must've been a large production year).

Mike Meister

On Sat, 2 Nov 1996, JEFFREY SMITH wrote:

> >Date: Fri, 01 Nov 1996 19:13:05
> >To: WIDD-James (MAJ)Rice (WIDD-James\(CPT)"Rice)"
> <RiceJ@silltcmd-smtp.army.mil>
> >From: JEFFREY SMITH <JSMITHMVP@worldnet.att.net>
> >Subject: Re: M38 Production Figures
> >
> >TRY M*V*P
> >AT: HTTP://WWW.GREYWARE.COM/MVP
> >
> >PRODUCTION STARTED AROUND 4/52 AND ENDED AROUND 1969 I CAN GET EXACT FIGURES
> >TO YOU SOON ALSO TRY DENNIS SPENCE AT 201-579-5781
> >ALSO GERRICK SMITH AT 301-694-6909
> >GOOD LUCK!
> >JEFF SMITH M*V*P
> >MILITARY VEHICLE PARTS CO.
> >HTTP://WWW.GREYWARE.COM/MVP
> >
> >At 04:03 PM 11/1/96 +0000, you wrote:
> >>Does anyone have the figures on just how many M38s (not M38A1)
> >>were actually built and when the production ended?
> >>
> >>When did the M38A1 production begin and end?
> >>
> >>Did the production overlap any?
> >>
> >>I thought I had this information once upon a time, but I can't find it now.
> >>What is a good reference on post-war jeep production. Seems that most
> >>books deal with MBs and GPWs primarily when production figures are
> >>involved and leave M38 through M151A2s undiscussed.
> >>
> >>Jim Rice
> >>RICEJ@USAFAS.ARMY.MIL

Michael Meister "Give me an army of West Point
Class of 1997 (WHOOP!) graduates and I'll win a battle;
Department of Agricultural Engineering Give me a handful of Texas
Texas A&M University Aggies and I'll win a war."
College Station, Texas
--Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.
http://www.agen.tamu.edu/~mike
mike@agen.tamu.edu