Military Vehicles, November 1996,: RE: Differences between a CJ-2A and a MB -Reply

RE: Differences between a CJ-2A and a MB -Reply

Bill Kish (kish@browncow.com)
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 12:33:38 -0500

WIDD-James Rice writes:
> Todd's assessment and characteristics are right on the money. It would
> be a waste of military parts to put them on a CJ-2A. As he said, you
> would be much better off to simply get an MB or GPW project.

On the other hand, I believe that the military purchased some CJ-2As
somewhere between the end of MB/GPW production and the start of M38
production. If Carmen is determined to restore his current jeep and
really wants a military vehicle, he could do it up as one of these and
still have something fairly authentic.

-BK

PS: Todd, where are you located?