Military Vehicles, November 1996,: RE: Differences between a CJ-2A and a MB -Reply

RE: Differences between a CJ-2A and a MB -Reply

Bill Kish (kish@browncow.com)
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 08:19:31 -0500

Todd Paisley writes:

> > On the other hand, I believe that the military purchased some CJ-2As
> >somewhere between the end of MB/GPW production and the start of M38
> >production.
>
> Do you have any proof of this? Not that I am questioning this, I just never
> saw a authentic military CJ-2A (or even a photo) before. (Although I have
> seen a lot of people restore them and slap OD on them and call it a WWII
> Jeep....) I have seen CJ-3As, CJ-3Bs and CJ-5s, but never a CJ-2A.

I recall reading something in Army Motors a while back. I'll have to
spend some time trying to find the reference. In any case it wouldn't
constitute proof, someone would need to find purchasing records or a
photo as you stated.

-BK