Military Vehicles, November 1996,: RE: Weapons Carrier (fwd)

RE: Weapons Carrier (fwd)

Gerry Davison (gerry@login.dknet.dk)
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 09:34:39 +0100 (MET)

In message Tue, 19 Nov 1996 22:35:07 -0500 (EST),
Cyrus B Noble <cbn1@columbia.edu> writes:

> I am a complete novice in automotive maintenance. I have a "weapons
> carrier" an army pickup. I am told that it is based on the Dodge Power
> Wagon. It is currently in running order, but barely. I am interested in
> learning more about this truck. Any sources would be appreciated from
> books and magazines to net sites etc. Also any help in what to look for
> in terms of identifying marks, numbers, etc. would be helpful. I thank you
> for your help.

Hy Cyrus

If your weapons carrier is a WC51 or WC52, then the Power Wagon is based
on the weapons carrier and not the other way round. I have a WC51 from 1943,
(named Betty Boop) which I fully restored before fitting a signals box on
for use with the National Guard here in Denmark. Any help you need with
parts, advice etc, just write.

Regards
Gerry Davison