Military Vehicles, November 1996,: RE: Dodge power wagon

RE: Dodge power wagon

Gerry Davison (gerry@login.dknet.dk)
Sun, 24 Nov 1996 10:06:00 +0100 (MET)

In message Thu, 21 Nov 1996 11:27:10 +0100,
"Klaus Damgaard Iversen" <kdi@dk-online.dk> writes:

> I just bought a militery Dodge power Wagon WM 300, I think that it.s the
> one that.s called m/37 in the US. I think that it came to Denmarkas as a
> chassis after wwII and then was assembled in 1966, any way it.s in rather
> good condition, but I need to find out what kind of oil it uses in motor
> and transmission? Is it possibl to buy manuals to this kind of car and
> here do I go?

Hi Klaus

I have manuals for the WC series here at home (in Skive - phone 9751 1577).
The engine and transmission oils are the same as for my WC51 (1943). That
means SAE30 for the Engine and SAE90 for all transmissions and
differentials. Mind you, I find that I go through some SAE30 in the summer
because its too thin. So in the summer months (starting April, ending
October) I make a mixture of 70% SAE30 and 30%SAE90. Cooling has been
vastly improved since I started doing that. Call me if you want further
info (I do speak Danish).

Gerry Davison - mil-veh list originator - President FMKB - Denmark