Military Vehicles, December 1996,: Just dropping a not

Just dropping a not

Dave DeChambeau (Davedec@novais.com)
Sat, 14 Dec 1996 01:01:32 -0500

>Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 00:48:26
>To: Eric
>From: Dave DeChambeau <Davedec@novais.com>
>Subject: Just dropping a not
>Cc: milveh
>
>Heh Eric, Just thought I'd drop you a note about our Duces. I just
registered and licensed mine as antique. This allows very low taxes and
plate fees, $0.06 yearly and $6.50 lifetime respectively. Some restrictions
on driving though. Took three trips to the DMV to convince them to produce a
title, Al has been three times with less luck.
>I have been driving mine around a lot this week, lots of fun but pretty
dismal mileage, 8-10 maybe in town, 10-14 on the highway. We changed the oil
last Saturday, 6 gallons each! Adds up fast when using Castrol Synthetic.
Also replaced the broken or rotted wood in the bows from pine to oak, should
be stronger.
>Quite a wobble occurs around 40 mph, I've been told it's probably an
improperly torqued wheel. I will be picking up a 10 ton jack this weekend to
remount the fronts with. Probably going to install a muffler tomorrow too.
We have also been investigating running a 12 volt tap off the batteries to
run accessories like a Heater fan, inside cab lights, backup lights etc.
>Wrote to one of the Duce parts houses requesting prices for power steering
kit and a hard top enclosure. Probably need a new canvas for the rear soon too.